Thursday, July 23, 2009

Spicy Orange Garlic Shrimp


We love this stuff. If you like shrimp, you should definitely try this recipe!

Spicy Orange Garlic Shrimp
Pastor Ryan on The Pioneer Woman

Ingredients

2 dozen 26-30 ct/lb deveined shrimp
3/4 cup orange juice
2-4 cloves garlic
3 Tbsp regular salted butter
1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
1 tsp Old Bay seasoning

Directions
Thaw and peel the shrimp. Run the frozen shrimp under cold water for a few minutes, then peel away the outer shell. Dry the peeled shrimp by draining them on a paper towel or two.

**Ree doesn't say to do this, but I would look at the underside of the shrimp. I don't know what that is, but I always cut it out. Vein, digestive tract, whatever... No, thanks! Yes, I have realized that seafood restaurants probably don't take the time to get rid of this, but I'm going to forget that I knew that. Oh, and ... I realize I might be grossing some of you out, but when you cut that other vein thingy out, you will see in the tail some kind of light brown glob connected to a short veiny thing. I don't know what that is, and I'm not sure I want to know, but I take that out too. Sandy and Nana, I think I may have just lost any chance I had at getting you to try shrimp. :o)

Thinly slice your garlic cloves. Add the garlic to the orange juice. Measure out and add all of the spices to the orange juice as well.

In a large skillet over high heat melt 2 Tbsp butter. Once butter has melted add your shrimp. Cook for about 30-60 seconds and begin flipping them over starting with the ones you placed in the pan first so they don't get overdone. Cook for another 30-60 seconds. Remove the cooked shrimp from the pan, leaving the heat on high.

Once the butter and drippings begin to smoke ever so slightly, add the spicy orange garlic mixture to the pan and give it a good stir. Add the last Tbsp of butter to the sauce, and after a few minutes of cooking and occasional stirring, your sauce should be slightly thicker.

Return the shrimp to the pan and give them a nice toss to coat them in the new sauce. After a few seconds, they're ready to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment